Home > English > Visa Service >
Visa Service
IEC holds collective visa application at the beginning and the end of each semester; Students who need this kind of service should submit visa application materials and visa fee within stipulated time period. Students who miss collective visa application should first come to Student Affairs Office for school letter 30 days earlier than visa expiry date, then go to Dalian PSB for visa application. Self-funded and partial scholarship students should complete all payments so as to apply for a visa. 
a) X1 Visa
X1 Visa is for people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once issued, it allows applicants 30 days to register at the international education college of their university and apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, however, students are required to get a health report from the Dalian Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

b) X2 Visa
X2 visa is for people engaging in short term (less than 6 months) academic activities in China. It specifies how many days in total applicants are allowed to stay in China on the visa page. For instance, if you enter China with an X2 visa valid for 90 days on August 25, you may stay until November 23.

c) L Visa
L visa is a tourist visa. It is for people or groups traveling to China.

d) S1 and S2 Visa
S1 visa is a long-term visa pass for dependents such as family members, parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.
S2 visa is a short-term visa pass for dependents such as family members, parents/parents-in-law of work/study visa holders.

e) Z Visa
A Z visa is required if you’re coming to China to perform services in a pre-arranged professional job.

f) Residence Permit
Residence permit is issued to people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once granted, it allows students unlimited entry into China for the time that the visa is valid.