☆ DMU does not accept any application to LNG scholarship through any Education Agency
(Note: due to the impact of COVID-19, some requirements on application materials or limit on time may be adjusted, please refer to the update by then)
♦ Quotas and Categories
1. Dalian Maritime University (DMU) will offer the Liao Ning Government Scholarship for doctor degree students in 2021 (not including majors on literature and arts in other than Chinese).
This scholarship only supports graduate programs. Scholarship duration is 3 years for doctoral program (which academic duration at DMU is 4 years) .
2. Most programs at DMU are instructed in Chinese, and DMU also offers some English-taught programs. For more details on programs, please refer to Attachment-1.
3. The scholarship duration is 3 years, which cannot be extended in general.
4. Students are not permitted, in principle, to apply to change their specialties, institutions or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Notice.
5. Applicants shall truthfully fill in the application form and provide the real application documents completely (3 hard copies of your application materials should be submitted to 403 Office, Admission Department of International Students’ Education Center at DMU and 1 electronic copy should be sent to official email: email@example.com)
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Applicants for doctor degree programs must have master's degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Applicants should not get any other scholarship by the Chinese Government or the Local Government of China
♦ Details of the Scholarship
1. Exempt from tuition and accommodation on campus;
2. Monthly allowance is offered as followings:
* Doctor Degree Students: 3,500 CNY/month
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount of that month. Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the following month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by students themselves. The living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
3. Comprehensive Medical Insurance
4. Applicants are expected to pay for their own international travel expenses.
Ⅱ. Application Procedures and Time
*All applicants are not required to contact the professors at DMU during their applications.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Liao Ning Government Scholarship: The applicants for Liao Ning Government Scholarship should fill in the application form as attachment-2 and sign in before submitting it.
All the applicants are not required to submit the DMU online application at our website by themselves
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. The original copy of notarization must be submitted during the registration at DMU.
3. Transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 3000 words for Doctor Program taught in Chinese or 2500 words for programs taught in English). Please expatiate on the major or research field you would like to study at DMU.
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors from the university which applicants graduated.
6. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (applicants should keep the original one) filled in English. It is printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 month. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take medical examination. (the sample of form refers to attachment-3)
7. Photocopy of passport.
8. Photocopy of HSK Certificate: If you have an HSK certificate, please submit a photocopy of it (not a compulsory and necessary requirement)
9. Photocopy of TOEFL or IELTS Test Report: Applicants applying for English-medium majors should submit a test report of TOEFL or IELTS (not applicable for the applicants whose official language is English). Applicants without the above mentioned documents should provide other kinds of official certificate of proficiency in English.
10. 6 pictures ( colored,2 inch official photo, white background without border, the size should be 100-500KB by JPG format).
11. Certificate of No Criminal Record
12. Others: If an applicant has published any paper, been granted any award or scholarship, or has any other certificate of academic ability, the title, abstract and publication or any other valid documentation should be provided.
*The application documents will not be returned whether applicants are accepted or not.
*The application documents must be posted for 3 hard-copies. The requested original copy must be showed at the registration ( due to COVID-19 overall, the hard copies can be replaced by electronic copy which should be sent by email).
Ⅲ. Deadline of Application and evaluation method
The deadline for applications is 20th April 2021.
1. Applicants should send/mail the scholarship application materials (electronic version and paper version) to International Student Education Center (ISEC) of Dalian Maritime University before April 20, 2021. The international Student Education Center will transfer the qualified applicants' materials to the relevant colleges or schools after confirming the applicants' qualifications and application materials.
2. ISEC will conduct final evaluation with experts from relevant colleges.
3. DMU will submit the list to the Education Department of Liao Ning Province after the evaluation. Nominated candidates who are on the final list decided by Education Department of Liao Ning Province will be eligible for Liao Ning Government Scholarship to study in China.
4. The final result will be noticed to each applicant by official email before the end of July.
5. DMU will send the admission letter and visa application form (JW202) to the scholarship winners before the end of August.
6. Scholarship winners should go through the registration formalities according to the time set by DMU. Those who fail to register after the deadline without approval will be treated as giving up their school status automatically and their scholarship will be canceled automatically.
7. International students who have won the scholarship shall participate in the annual review of the scholarship according to the regulations. Those who fail in the evaluation will be suspended or disqualified from supporting by the scholarship.
IV. Admission Notice and Enrollment Time
The final result will be noticed to each applicant at the end of July by official email, firstname.lastname@example.org(the time may be adjusted according to the Education Department of Liao Ning Province) and enrollment time will be September.
V. The international Student Education Center (ISEC) of Dalian Maritime University is responsible for the interpretation of these Rules
VI. Contact Information
Contact Person: Angine JING
Contact Address: Room 403 Admissions Office, International Students’ Education Center (ISEC) , DMU
Address: No.1 Linghai Road, High-tech Zone District, Dalian, People’s Republic of China.
POST Code: 116026,
Attachment-1 2021 DMU Doctor Degree Program
Attachment-2 Application Form of 2021 Liao Ning Government Scholarship
Attachment-3 Foreigner Physical Exam Record
Attachment-4 Procedure of Application to 2021 Liao Ning Government Scholarship at DMU